A few notes from our week:
- Spring has finally sprung! I love seeing all the green. We have finally started cutting our grass. It’s hard to stay on top of it; we aim to get it cut once a week. My two older boys handle it for us.
- We are in the midst of Little League baseball season, which means long evenings, late bedtimes, and often, two dinners (one before the practice and game, and something to snack on afterwards). My kitchen is often a disaster zone.
- Adam is six weeks old today! I do believe he has colic. In our case, he often cries when he’s awake during the afternoon and evening hours. I don’t mind it, though, but I’m glad he wasn’t my first child!
- I truly had forgotten how long it takes to breastfeed a baby. I have to remember to carve out an extra margin of time around Adam’s feedings so that we can get to where we need to be or stay on schedule for an activity.
- I’m thankful for my big backyard! It looks horrendous with its dirt patches, chipmunk hole pits, and sparse grass, but it’s so much fun for my kids to go out and play in the dirt out there. The boys play catch with the football and I find myself singing this song.
Hope you had a great week…I’ve got a date night tonight and a church ladies’ tea to attend tomorrow. Here comes the weekend!